Employees are always Employees

Employees are always Employees, yes they are always what they are. We had a well performing employee in our Bangkok. He was a pure Iyer (Brahmin) guy aged around some 25. Desperately I was younger than him when I met him. I was tucked OFF and mostly it is difficult to identify me other than the 1st and 2nd circle of my colleagues since I may be roaming too casually.


He was having Nokia 6600 (Imagine the era of the article). With a cup of coffee in one hand and mobile on another hand, he called me "Dai, intha cupa vangi vaida" [TR: Hey Get this cup and put into the table(without respect)]. I was cool at that time because of some incident. Got the cup and placed it on the table. He took a piece of paper from his pocket and started filling it. I peeped into it, it was just the Air Ticket Application Form.


Wherever he saw some space, he ticked at all the locations. [LOLzzzzz....] He ticked Chicken Meal, Pork Meal and Veg Meal too. He also ticked for upgrading of the seat in the application form. He preferred to travel on Window seat.


OMG! I controlled my laugh like something and went back to my chamber. Called my PS to reach HR and get that guy's arrival history. He has traveled in a cheapest airline, NO MEAL Required, Any Seat and so on. . .


I called for an meeting and advised not to allow employees to fill-in the airline request and changed the process that their Level + 2 boss should fill the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Indian Colleges failed to teach Students? P1

Commitment is not just a Word, it is an Act

Intelligent people with OCD are miserable